Dojo MVC Patterns
- Simple data-bound fields
- "Hello world" of data binding -- no hierarchical or repeating structure nor model validation...just data binding.
- Hierarchical data-bound fields
- Widgets are nested hierarchically showing relative binding context.
- Data-bound form fields
- Form widgets bind to model data and merge model and widget states (e.g. validity) to determine overall status.
Data is provided for zipcodes of 10024 or 10706 to see side-effects on completing related fields. Try other 5-digit numeric values
to see the effect of model-flagged invalidity on the widget. Non-numeric fields trigger widget validation
failures and block flushing the value to the model. Try driving housing percent above 33% to raise
warnings on that field through its model validity as well. Try zero'ing out all housing
expenses to see the effect of relevance=false on the total housing field.
- Repeating templated widget content
- Container "repeat" widget expands templated content and provides data binding context to child widgets.
- Repeating content with insert/delete operations
- Above repeat example with mutable list for insert/delete.
- Model-bound view generation
- Form generated based on JSON model provided in a text area and updated based on structural and value changes to the model.